Sunday, June 20, 2010

Jazz Night @ Celebrate Brooklyn

Hey everyone! So I know I haven't been writing on here much. It is almost a year since I have shared anything on my blog. Just been a bit busy trying to figure out what I want to do with my life professionally. Many may agree with me that the recession has put a strain on the professional life. Along the way, I have realized that I shouldn't just focus on finding a career. I definitely need to take up a hobby to keep from going insane lol.

I decided that taking up photography would be very interesting. I'm not taking any classes for photography or doing it professionally. I just grab my camera go to events or random locations and write about them along with pictures. Hmmm that sounds fun! lol. I went to Celebrate Brooklyn event this past Saturday June 19th, well actually I volunteered. The Carefusion Jazz Festival and BRIC Arts worked together to bring artist Mike Stern and jazz band Bitches Brew Revisisted. I enjoyed the music by both performers. I enjoyed the wordless songs with different tones. Some songs made you want to jam, others made you want to listen to every change in rhythm and the rest gave goosebumps. Here are a couple of pics I was able to get:





No comments:

Post a Comment